For graduate programs: If you would like to add information about an opening for a graduate assistant in your department, please complete this form.
For graduate students:
Students should refer all position inquiries and/or application materials to the hiring department contact listed in the position posting.
The hiring department is responsible for all appointment decisions.
- PLEASE NOTE: Any position over 0.5 FTE or combination of positions that result in a sum total in excess of 0.5 FTE must be approved by the Graduate College.
- If applying for a position in addition to a current appointment, students are encouraged to notify both the current and prospective hiring departments.
Position: Graduate Research Assistant
Department: Graduate College
Description: This Graduate Research Assistant will work with the staff of the Graduate College on a variety of writing projects related to graduate education. The Graduate College is developing a comprehensive plan to improve our communications among populations such as prospective students, current students, faculty, and staff. This GRA will help us develop and implement new approaches to communication and will assist in developing, writing, and editing a variety of informational materials for the Graduate College. These include our web site, booklets, brochures, flyers, news releases, and other forms of information both digital and print.
Projects and tasks may require the Graduate Research Assistant to perform the following duties:
- Draft, edit, and revise the content of graduate program publications for internal (i.e. staff handbooks) and external audiences (i.e. website, brochures, booklet biographies);
- Brainstorm with Graduate College staff to identify trends and interests among prospective and current students and submit ideas for publication
- Assist with the creation, distribution, collection, and assessment of surveys
- Assist with basic, day-to-day office duties and perform other related duties as assigned.
This Graduate Research Assistant must meet the following criteria:
- Be a graduate student in good academic standing;
- Work at least 20 hours (.50 FTE) weekly;
- Enroll in a minimum of 5 graduate hours (during the fall and spring semester);
- Commit to graduate education and academic collegiality and cooperation.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, knowledge of English grammar, experience involving different types of media, e.g. web, booklets, letters.
- Excellent computer skills, especially word processing, spreadsheets, internet, Microsoft Office. Experience with Visio, Access, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and other computer programs used in developing marketing material is desirable.
- Ability to
- Communicate effectively with diverse populations;
- Work independently with minimal supervision;
- Multi-task, meet deadlines, and prioritize tasks in a constantly changing environment;
- Provide meticulous attention to details as well as overall objectives;
- Make appropriate decisions and take appropriate initiative given a generalized template and boundaries.
- Experience and/or training in professional writing, marketing, advertising, public relations and/or strategic communication. An interest in visual communications and/or graphic design is desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, or Communications is not required but preferred.
Pay: $13036.32 Annual w/ Tuition Waiver/Health Waivers
Work Schedule: Flexible, 20 hours per week
Start Date: ASAP
Application Materials Requested: Applicant should email or send the following items to the Graduate College (Robertson Hall 213):
- Cover Letter
- Copy of Academic Transcript
- Class Schedule
- List of Reference
- Expected graduation date.
Contact information: Submit applications to Diana Beal email@example.com
Deadline: Open until filled.