Please review the Graduate College Bulletin for complete information regarding Unclassified student status.
In order to review an application for Unclassified admission, the Graduate College requires the following information:
- A completed OU Application for Admission and application fee
- A signed and completed Unclassified Graduate Student Status Statement of Purpose form and a signed Unclassified Graduate Student Status Conditions and Limitations form (these two forms come in a single file)
An applicant may be admitted to the Graduate College in Unclassified status if the applicant:
- has earned a baccalaureate degree or the equivalent and
- has earned at least a 3.0 grade point average (GPA)
- through the semester in which the last 60 credit hours of letter-graded undergraduate bachelor’s degree coursework occurred at an accredited college or university or
- over a minimum of 12 hours of letter-graded graduate work from an accredited college or university.
- are not candidates for a degree
- are not assured future admission to a degree program
- are not eligible for financial aid
- are limited to a maximum of 12 hours
Note: Under INS regulations, International students may not be eligible to apply as an Unclassified student. Students should contact the International Student Services office at (405) 325-3337 for additional information regarding regulations for International students.